Version Control: Link
Issue Tracker: Link
Minimum required ownCloud 8.1
|Submitted: Jul 19 2015|
Updated: Mar 6 2017
OwnBackup is the simple database backup solution for your ownCloud 8.1+ / Nextcloud installation.for 24h one backup every hour is kept
Its main purpose is to provide an easy solution to restore the tables of an app in case you accidentally corrupted the data or did anything you regret later.
Copy the app package to your `owncloud/apps/` directory and unpack it there with "tar xvfz 170674-ownbackup.tar.gz".
- Use this app at your own risk! Data loss may occur!
- This app is no replacement for a more professional backup solution!
- OwnBackup automatically creates backups of your ownCloud tables hourly via cronjob or manually.
- You are able to choose which tables from a certain backup you want to restore.
- OwnBackup expires your backups automatically
for 7d one backup per day is kept
for 4w one backup per week is kept
for 12m one backup per 30d is kept
for 2y one backup per year is kept
- If the Zlib library is present the backups get compressed with gzip.
- The backup should work with all databases, please report any problems.
- I've only tested the app with Cron so far, please report any troubles with Webcron or AJAX.
- One main limitation for the size that your DB can have to be backed up will be the `memory_limit` and the `max_execution_time` of your PHP installation!
- integrity check fixes
- fixed an `internal server error` on ownCloud 9.1.2
(for [Issue #7](https://github.com/pbek/ownbackup/issues/7))
- added a notice to setup a cronjob to get periodic backups
- switched release versioning to a more *rolling release style*,
so it doesn't get confused with semantic versioning
- made the database restore functionality work again on ownCloud 9.0
- more improvements for the automatic backup expiration
- small change in admin.php after a user reported problems with it
- some improvements and fixes for the automatic backup expiration
- the auto expiration of backups was rewritten again, because the old algorithm didn't work for hourly backups
* for 24h, keep one backup every hour
* for 7d, keep one backup per day
* for 4w, keep one backup per week
* for 12m, keep one backup per 30d
* next 2y, keep one backup per year
- fixed sort order of backups in selector on admin page after creating a manual backup
- new backup expiry scheme
* for the next 24h, one backup every hour will be kept (like in the old behaviour)
* for the next 7d, one backup per day will be kept
* for the next 30d, one backup per week will be kept
* for the next 1y, one backup per 30d will be kept
* for the next 10y, one backup per year will be kept
* until end of time, one backup per 100y will be kept
- fixed some logging issues
- fixed the problem that OwnBackup might be shown twice in the admin menu
- fixed all compliance issues
- tried to fix a problem with the OwnBackup section not showing up on the admin page
- re-implemented the backup and restore page in the admin section
- fixed a problem with the build
- now showing a special page for non-admin users
- using maintenance mode during restore
- some user interaction and security improvements
- Fixed removing of old backups
- The backup and restore process was completely rewritten, the new backup sets are incompatible with version 0.1 backup sets!
- The app should work with all databases and data types now, please report any problems.
- First release