|Question:||Okay, Well I've been trying to get this to work for about an hour now. I've run by a lot of problems and fixed them and now I'm stuck. When I try to authenticate my network drive with the Windows 7 Webdav feature it will not authenticate. Here is everything I've done.|
1.) Attempted to install OwnCloud found out I was running PHP 5.2
2.) Get PHP 5.3, Remove OwnCloud and reinstall it.
3.) Played around with OwnCloud and notice in the contacts menu there was a SQL error, I looked at it and it looked like it was just trying to find a contact and failed to find one so it outputted an error. so I added a contact and the error went away.
4.) Try to map a network drive
So I went and edited the registry and edited the
from 1 to 2
Then I went into my services and found that WebServices was disabled. So I turned it on then I decided to restart it. I double checked my registry to make sure the BasicAuthLevel was still what I put it to. (2)
4a.)I tried logging in and I couldn't authenticate.
4b.) I then found out my address(folder) needs to look like \\mywebsite.com\OwnCloud\files\webdav.php instead of http://www.mywebsite.com/owncloud/files/webdav.php
4c.) So I still cannot get it to authenticate so I got to mywebsite.com/owncloud/files/webdav.php in my web browser and see a few SQL errors. There errors are:
Warning: file_get_contents(/home/dash3k3/public_html/OwnCloud/apps/files/appinfo/info.xml) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/dash3k3/public_html/OwnCloud/lib/app.php on line 322
Warning: file_get_contents(/home/dash3k3/public_html/OwnCloud/apps/settings/appinfo/info.xml) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/dash3k3/public_html/OwnCloud/lib/app.php on line 322
Sabre_DAV_Exception_NotAuthenticated No basic authentication headers were found 1.5.4
(Both logged and not logged in)
So I decided to add a info.xml into the apps/files/appinfo directory (I created the files/appinfo directories while I was adding this file. The file I added was completely blank. This got rid of the first error and Owncloud wrote to the file and it says:
XML Parsing Error: no element found
Line Number 1, Column 1:
So I thought... hell to windows network drive and I tried to go with a few alternatives.. Which also didn't work I tried NetDrive and that looked like it worked and connected but really didn't and the other one I tried just was a complete piece of shit and just used ftp.
I think what is going wrong though is maybe when I am trying to authenticate through the windows network drive I am not getting the domain correct. So like if you were going to login to a remote computer Via RDP you would put something like RemoteComputer\Username because it would say *Login using the RemoteComputers database.. I don't know where to go from here. I've experimented with a bunch of domains to login through and I am not getting any luck. If you have gone through this process already, I would love your help! or if you are a step further than I am that would be great!