|Version Control: Link|
Depends on ownCloud 5
|Submitted: Apr 25 2012|
Updated: Apr 30 2013
Shorty offers a service to store, manage and use a collection of short links pointing to resources in the web. The features are a combination of a centralized bookmarks collection, an URL shortener and a basic access control. A new Shorty can be created either manually by entering a URL ("New shorty") or by simply clicking the "Shortlet" whenever you come over a page you want to share. This "Shortlet" is something like a Bookmarklet, a script based bookmark meant to be stored inside the bookmark area of your web browser. When clicked, the page currently open in the browser will be added to your collection of Shortys, including a practical shortened URL.
Each Shorty contains a source and a target URL. The source URL can be used to be posted in forums, sent inside an email message or whatever. It is typically much shorter than the target URL, a full blown web URL, though this depends a little on which shortening service you want to use as a "backend". Basic access control is implemented to control the access of Shortys posted to forums or sent per email, but not on a per user or per group base. Existing Shortys can be blocked for usage, set to expire on a certain date and obviously can be removed permanently again.
There is an optional plugin to this app called 'Shorty Tracking':
It records and displays each access of a Shorty which might help in maintainance.
A basic documentation is packed into several files in the 'doc' folder and also offered online:
* Tue Apr 30 2013 Christian Reiner: version 0.3.25
Addional personal preference to set the default status for new Shortys.
Fixed a layout glitch for backend selection in the preference dialog.
Fixed controls panel positioning to comply with the FluXX Compensator (Y).
* Sun Mar 24 2013 Christian Reiner: version 0.3.24
Fixed shortlet not to result in an error when being used.
* Wed Mar 20 2013 Christian Reiner: version 0.3.23
Allow direct activation in ownCloud5 based installations.
* Fri Mar 01 2013 Christian Reiner: version 0.3.22
Some general security fix to the apps framework.
* Wed Feb 20 2013 Christian Reiner: version 0.3.21
Fixed visibility of list header which was accidentially hidden below the control panel.
Fixed display of feedback on actions by reimplementing the messenger area.
Added a new preference to control the level of verbosity of feedback on actions.
Optimized preference retrieval (caching strategy).
* Tue Feb 15 2013 Christian Reiner: version 0.3.20
Fixed decoding of titles when scraping meta data from target pages.
* Tue Feb 12 2013 Christian Reiner: version 0.3.19
Support for ownCloud version 5.
Fixed handling of favicons when adding multiple Shortys.
Update the favicon when a Shortys target url is changed.
Enhancement to the list layout and apeparance to improve readability.
* Mon Jan 14 2013 Christian Reiner: version 0.3.18
Fixed the 'recycle' icon for rows marked as deleted, to not scrumble row layout.
Switched more (dynamically controlled) icons to svg format.
Fixed some problems in compatibility to ownCloud version 4.0 based installations.
Action icons now stay visible inside the active row when not hovering.
Size optimization for the png versions of icons.
* Mon Jan 07 2013 Christian Reiner: version 0.3.17
Use svg version of icons where applicable.
Recreated most icons for a more unified look and feel.
Fixed qrcode retrieval uder PostgreSQL database engines.
Generally prevent text and content selections except for input elements.
Numerous fixes to get Shorty usable under MS Internet Explorer.
* Tue Jan 01 2013 Christian Reiner: version 0.3.16
Fixed automatic text selection inside the usage popups.
Force downloading of a qrcode image when self referencing it.
* Mon Dec 31 2012 Christian Reiner: version 0.3.15
Changed supported OC version to 4.9 (OC-4.5).
Support for the postgresql database engine.
The apps top controls panel can be hidden now and got an enhanced layout.
Some style and layout corrections especially for webkit based browsers.
Fixed validation of the static backend setup for cross domain situations.
Better support for cross domain verification for the static backend configuration.
* Sat Dec 15 2012 Christian Reiner: version 0.3.14
Fixed big oops display of access times that gave the wrong month and day!
* Wed Dec 11 2012 Christian Reiner: version 0.3.13
Fixed layout of share dialog getting distorted under certain circumstances.
* Thu Nov 29 2012 Christian Reiner: version 0.3.12
Fixed a small glitch in settings handling.
Some minor performance and logging enhancements.
* Fri Nov 16 2012 Christian Reiner: version 0.3.11
Fixed visualization of last access time inside Shorty dialogs.
Enabled forwarding to more http based protocol schemes: shttp, ipp, webdav, webdavs
* Tue Nov 01 2012 Christian Reiner: version 0.3.10
Some fixed to the actions inside dialogs when used inside OC-4.0.x installations.
An additional service 'shorty_stats' allows to remotely retrieve data.
* Fri Oct 26 2012 Christian Reiner: version 0.3.9
Targets of existing Shortys can be modified as an explicit action now.
Enhanced notification and exception visualization and handling.
A few bugfixes and enhancements for title handling inside Shortys.
Some further layout and style fixes, cleanups.
* Tue Oct 09 2012 Christian Reiner: version 0.3.8
Switched layout of list of shortys to a liquid style (using the whole screens width).
Fixed display size for some exotic favicons inside dialogs.
Internal style reorganisation to isolate OC4 backwards compatibility exceptions.
Fixed visualization of explanations for goo.gl backend in preferences dialog.
Fixed sharpness control of dialogs.
Fixed datepicker dialog sometimes being hidden by other widgets.
Some fixes for usage under MS Internet Explorer though still a lot of issues remain.
A few layout enhancements and german translation completion.
* Fri Sep 28 2012 Christian Reiner: version 0.3.7
Preparations to rely on the OC core to refresh the request token if implemented.
- the Shorty strategy and code is to be accepted into the OC core :-)
- for version prior to that Shorty still handles refreshing itself
Fixed a crash that was introduced by changes in the OC core in recent beta versions.
Some preparations for future referencing of files stored inside OC as opposed to URLs.
Some internal code changes to reflect advances in the underlying jquery library.
A few logical fixes to detection of special runtime exceptions.
Some more small optical layout fixes.
Fixed missleading debug statement in ajax hooks for settings and preferences control
Fixed settings and preferences control not to ignore empty values
* Sat Sep 09 2012 Christian Reiner: version 0.3.6
General appearance enhancements for some dialog details.
Clearified explanations and hints for preferences and settings.
Some internal changes required by the changes in the upcoming OC5 release:
- most visible change: the personal preferences moved to a popup dialog inside the Shorty app.
- convenient reference to the system settings from within the personal preferences of admin users.
- additional 'home page' button referencing the apps page in the OC app store.
* Sun Aug 12 2012 Christian Reiner: version 0.3.5
Fixed standalone dialogs not being visible in rare circumstances.
Some cleanups in the style rule selectors.
* Mon Aug 06 2012 Christian Reiner: version 0.3.4
Implementation of a runtime callback catalog to ease plugin development.
Internal code and namespace changes to match OCs Coding Style Guide.
Simplified retrieval of meta data for urls to work the same in all dialogs.
More flexible list filtering by using callbacks for column value retrieval.
Visible click count in Shorty and sums are live updated now when the source url is clicked.
Fixed the internal verification of the configuration of the static backend.
* Tue Jul 24 2012 Christian Reiner: version 0.3.3
Use OCs CSRF protection framework for ajax requests.
Fixed a few compatibility issues with OC5-pre versions.
* Thu Jul 19 2012 Christian Reiner: version 0.3.2
Fixed a few problems with updating a currently listed Shorty after a modification.
Fixed storage of empty expiration dates when used with a MySQL database system.
* Mon Jul 18 2012 Christian Reiner: version 0.3.1
Fixed sanity checks in registration of actions inside the plugin interface.
Fixed highlighting of freshly added entries in lists (flashing).
Some internal recoding to remove depreciated library methods.
Fixed updating of Shortys in the list right after changing them.
Further enhancements in support of plugins
Rewritten and enhanced handling of clicks on Shortys.
* Sun Jul 15 2012 Christian Reiner: version 0.3.0
Implementation of a plugin interface including a partly redesign:
this enables plugins to register actions and thus enhance Shortys features.
Some internal code and comment cleanups.
* Fri Jul 13 2012 Christian Reiner: version 0.2.8
Some optical corrections to the share dialog.
Updated static backend configuration in doc files.
* Thu Jul 05 2012 Christian Reiner: version 0.2.7
Enhandements of the share dialog to get a clearer appearance.
Fixed removal of Shortys belonging to a user deleted inside ownCloud.
* Thu Jun 28 2012 Christian Reiner: version 0.2.6
Complet reimplementation of usage popups (optical and technical).
Per default suppress ssl certificate validation in backend communication.
Some IE specific styles fixes, the whole UI was unusable before !
- this might help in case the goo.gl backend appears unusable.
- additional preference to force that validation.
Some additional explanatory hints in the sharing dialog.
* Thu Jun 21 2012 Christian Reiner: version 0.2.5
Fixed translation engine to be compatible with OC versions > 4.0.2
A few minor linguistic corrections
* Sat Jun 16 2012 Christian Reiner: version 0.2.4
Fix of a false positive whilst verification of the static backend base.
Offering the 'Shortlet' now when showing an empty list.
Minor improvements to background logging.
Minor gui improvements.
* Sat Jun 09 2012 Christian Reiner: version 0.2.3
Bugfix for the routines generating shorty ids.
Fixes for usage under MS Windows platforms using php-5.4.
* Wed Jun 06 2012 Christian Reiner: version 0.2.2
Added swallowing of accidential outputs during ajax requests.
This protects the replies JSON struction from being corrupted.
Additional server side log entries on level INFO
* Sat Jun 02 2012 Christian Reiner: version 0.2.1
Fixed broken Shortlet
* Fri Jun 01 2012 Christian Reiner: version 0.2.0
Support of ownCloud version 4 (app interface incompatible to prior versions)
Additional status 'private' for Shortys only accessible for the owner himself
Rudimentary SMS support for smart phones (more an assistance, can be disabled)
Additional QRCodes to publish Shorty source URLs on the web (or elsewhere)
Data migration support as introduced by OC4
Cleanup of Shortys upon user account deletion
* Sun May 28 2012 Christian Reiner: version 0.1.6
Activation of Shorty sharing via SMS.
Enhanced backend descriptions.
* Sat Apr 28 2012 Christian Reiner: version 0.1.5
Target URL verification is less strict now, this way also more 'exotic' URLs notations are accepted.
A few changes to the initilization scripts to prevent race conditions at startup.
Changed URL specification in the Shortlet to prevent conflicts with a serverside suhosin protection.
* Fri Apr 27 2012 Christian Reiner: version 0.1.4
Visualization of busy state in dialogs while fetching meta data from targets.
* Fri Apr 27 2012 Christian Reiner: version 0.1.3
Prevented untimely submission of dialogs before having validated their contents.
* Fri Apr 27 2012 Christian Reiner: version 0.1.2
Fixed race conditions during initialization.
* Thu Apr 26 2012 Christian Reiner: version 0.1.1
Minor appearance corrections
* Wed Apr 25 2012 Christian Reiner: version 0.1.0
First official release.
* Tue Apr 24 2012 Christian Reiner: version 0.0.9
Buggy, but some parts actually working.